Quality clinical supervision benefits the client, worker and the organization.
Gaby is passionate about supporting workers in the health and well-being industries through the Clinical Supervision process. Having worked in mental health, trauma, addictions and training services for over 30 years she understands how imperative the right support is for our practice, well-being and for the best outcomes for the people who use our services.
Stay fresh and engaged, recognise habits and blocks, learn and grow with your role, your profession and yourself with Gaby’s supervisory support and experience.
Quality clinical supervision for occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers, mental health, community services, school counsellors, youth, aboriginal and drug and alcohol workers and for anyone supporting the wellbeing of others. Gaby provides reflective practice opportunities with a trauma focus to individual clinicians at all levels of practice.
Gaby uses a range of supervision models including; the T.A.P.E.S Supervision Model (O’Donoghue, 2008), The Double-Matrix (or Seven Eyed Supervisor) Model (Hawkins and Shohet 2006) and Naanggabun Yarning-The Aboriginal Clinical Supervision model (Bakos et al 2012) She also utilizes modified therapeutic strategies including ;Interactive Drawing Therapy, ACT, Strengths theory, CBT, Motivational Interviewing and a range of other tools.
The benefits for the supervisee include:
- A safe forum to review, reflect and receive guidance on casework and work related issues.
- Identification, development and sharing of innovative, evidence based and best practice work.
- A vehicle to express difficult work experiences and reduce work related stress.
- Improved self-assurance, confidence and personal growth.
- Provision of supportive critical feedback
- Professional development
- Improved quality of client care for best client outcomes
- A space to reflect critically on work as a frame to develop confidence and competence to work from a theoretical evidence base.
BOOK A SESSION WITH MY WAY THERAPY
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
I was very comfortable with Gaby from the onset of our relationship… I was never embarrassed to bring any of my concerns. I would always leave sessions feeling positive ….
Image by: Fathih Latheef and Suzanne D Williams